Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Vintage Balmy Vacation

Oooppss... I wish this would show up on your screen better than on mine but I am afraid it will not.  Due to our limited internet, I am now in town and my card, camera, etc. are not with me.   I will see if I can improve it and change it out but that will be much later.  I used Ranger Distress Tea die ink, and the images are faint, but clearly visible on the actual card.  I only had a couple of choices of complete sets to use, and I initiated my set of Balmy Breezes (SU) that was a yard sae find - not even mounted until I got it.  There are 7 stamps - I used the palm tree as the focal image.  The others include a pineapple, a row of palms, and some generic ones including the circle.  Perfect images for a balmy vacation in the tropics!  I distressed more than I often do - around the edges and lightly over the background, using a sponge.  I tore the image, used a scalloped circle die and twine to complete the vintage look.  I thus created the background from scratch.
NOTE:  I have re done the card using different ink - I still like the original IRL, but could not get it to "take" for the image here!  I need lots of practice with "random" stamping of numerous images
Sketch:  http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/search/label/sketch%20challenge
Vacation:  http://eurekastamps.blogspot.com/
From Scratch:  http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Any:  http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.com/
Summer fun:  http://wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps.blogspot.com/
Use all stamps in a set:  http://www.vintagejourney.com/

8 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

You're right the picture doesn't show up very well, but at least you tried, right. Wish I could see it better as what you described sound lovely. thanks for playing along with the Eureka! Stamps Challenge this week. I'm sure the card is lovely in real life.

Monika Reeck said...

I am agree with you the picture doesnt shoe up so well...I gues in real life it much more lovely am I right...but I love tea die ink too...and use it in much of my card...nice using the sketch by the way..

Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations,
hugs,
Monika
GDT at STAMPlorations

Nikki Acton said...

It is a little difficult to see unfortunately but I do love the idea of a balmy vacation in the tropics! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey this time. Nikkix

Brenda Brown said...

Thanks for sharing this card with us at A Vintage Journey. I am sure it is much better in real life but well done for using all the stamps in a set, that was a real challenge. xx

karalschuknecht said...

I do like what I can see, and might have to give this ink a try myself. Thanks for joining us this week for our vacation challenge.
Karal DT for EurekaStamps

Unknown said...

Great card ~ very tropical.

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Anonymous said...

Love your earthy colours. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to capture subtleties with a camera. Great take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. Good Luck! Monika

Shery Russ said...

I'm a sucker for anything vintage and earthy colors -- so glad you shared another version of your card! I love it :o)