Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Stencil with many colors

This is my version of a stencil using several colors of ink - combined with the Vintage Journey style.  I have several stencils, but not many that would seem to work with the challenge instructions to use several colors of ink.  I am not terribly satisfied with the white - I may try this again on kraft cs.  As stated in previous posts, I am the recipient of a huge box of goodies sent by my sister.  I sponged several inks - red,orange, yellow, and one called mudslide - but I decided to make the circle smaller and the yellow edges are cut off!  I also sponged the edge of the bottom mat.  This is from a sheet of cs by Bo Bunny (I used to see her on TV YEARS ago!!!). I did color in the flower of the image (Garden Collage by SU).  The bg is debossed, showing a bit of white through the dark layer.  ).  More texture comes from the ribbon and the Blessings die cut (Cheery Lynn - available at Joan's Garden store).
Wings (butterfly):  http://www.vintagejourney.com/
Multi ink stenciling, texture, product from Joan's Garden:  file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/A%20sketches/z%206-30%20Joan%27s.htm

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Dorothy, this is very pretty and so interesting.
thanks for joining us at Joan's touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

S@ndy Diller said...

Thanks for joining us here at A Vintage Journey. Your stencil work is just lovely, I like how you used the vintage look with the freshness of the red and white.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card Dorothy. I agree with Sandy, and also like the vintage look with red and white. There is some wonderful texture too. Cute butterfly! Karen.x