Friday, June 27, 2014

Far outside of my comfort zone

I pretty much avoid CAS cards- but I saw the challenge to case VIcki Dutchr, and I wanted to try.  This is a very old cuttlebug embossing folder - which I colored with Twinkling H20's/  I think that they are my favorite coloring medium - though I do not use them very often - probably because my color selection is not that great.  (I use an aqua brush.)  I have at least 4 different shades of blues and aquas as well as Forest green for the stems and leaves.  (The blotches are not present IRL - LOL!)  I added tiny black crystals for the flower centers, and the stencil is Tim Holz.  The Blessings die (Cheery Lynn, available at Joan's Garden) is my new favoarite die.  I like it because it is a simple way to express this sentiment - and useful for such a variety of occasions;  I also like that it is available in two sizes - and positionable in a way that a stamped sentiment may not work.
Inspired by Vicki:  http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/
Several colors, with stencil and texture, with die from Joan's Garden):  http://www.joanstouch.com/
Old (embossing folder) and new(die):  http://hobbycutzchallenges.blogspot.com/
Favorite die (see above):  http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
Something new (die):  http://www.drsdesignsblog.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Jane said...

Love your selection of blues, aquas and green! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Shelia said...

Gorgeous color combo and lovely design. Thanks for joining the challenge at DRS Designs this week!

Victoria Lavender said...

Neato! Isn't it great to try new stuff! You've done well on your adventure and I hope you had some fun as well. Colors are great together, thanks so much for sharing with us at AAA Cards. Big Smiles, Victoria Lavender

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love these colors -- great inspired card! Thanks for joining in at AAA!

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful! Fabulous texture! So glad you joined the fun at AAA cards! Hope to see you again next week!

Angela said...

Dorothy, I too love the twinkling H2Os and don't use them as often as I'd like. I'm so glad that you did because your card is so delightful in the cool tones! We're so thrilled that you've come by AAA Cards and please come back for our blog hop with prizes!

Zw@@n said...

Lovely card, Dorothy. Great flowers and colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like it. Luv, Wilma

Sarah said...

This is really lovely. The colours are right up my street and what a brilliant thing to do with H20's!! You are absolutely right about a die being positioned where a stamped image may not be. Great job and thanks for coming to play at AYLI. Sarah