Friday, November 9, 2018

Using new dies

I just got a set of Christmas dies from Peachy Cheap,  This image and sentiment were included, though I ordered the set for others that were included.  I am not sure about this - but I can see I need to use a solid background rather than this pattern paper.  That will be for another day!  The strips and mat are shiny gold.  For day 6 at Beccy's Christmas challenge, I used embossed edges on the oval die cut, and ecru colored cs.  Maybe I should add e for eyes - m y macular degeneration is bothering a lot today, and the print is jumping around a lot!
Sketch:   Sketch Saturday
Day 6 -"E":   Beccys Challenges
Any-oprion, holiday:  Crafters Castle
Any - option, Christmas:   Angies
Christmas:   Double Trouble 

5 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I actually like the background paper. I opened this card right away from the thumbnail. My friend loves any Madonna and child image. It's really beautiful.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

The die image from Peachy Cheap is quite unique. I also purchased this recently but didn't realize until I saw your card what the die was until I saw it on your card...and now inspired on how you use it. Beautiful card the background brought that die to life. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Double Trouble. Hope you come back and join us again and maybe create something using the TryStamping On Tuesday TicTacToe choices and Twisted Sister's "include any hanging item"...would love to see you again soon.

Beccy said...

I love that die Dorothy, the design is so interesting. Great colour choices, the brown works beautifully with the cream and gold. I also like the sentiment you added. Lovely.
Cheers,
Beccy

papercraftingprincess said...

This is a beautiful card, but I agree the image gets a bit lost on the patterned paper. Thanks for joining in the fun at Double Trouble Papercrafting Challenge...hope you'll come back and try including the Tic Tac Tuesday Board and Twisted Sisters Optional Twist.

The Craft Princess said...

I really like the patterned background, but yes I can also imagine it with a solid background.....maybe something shimmery. I love the image! It's a wonderful card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com