Wednesday, June 29, 2016

For Terry




The challenge at Art Impressions is to create a card using a slider or otherwise concealed image.  Since I do not have their new slider die, I made do by creating my own slider "frame" which I also paper pierced.  You most likely cannot see the piercing on the screen - nor can you see the true brown color of the Washi tape strips!   Oh, well...   It was after I made my choices that I realized this fisherman is an AI stamp - one I got a few years ago, probably at a yard sale!  It is marked 1996, so has been around for a while, but still timely.  This is for our son-in-law, and there will also be a birthday check concealed under the image.  He is an avid fisherman, so I can always find a theme!
At    http://anythingwisconsin.com/fishsayings.htm     I found the following to print on the inside:
 things that I have learned from fishing:
1. There is no such thing as too much equipment.
2. When in doubt, exaggerate.
3. Even the best lines get weak after they have been used a few times.
4. Sometimes you really have to squirm to get off the hook.
5. The fishing is always better on the other side of the lake.
6. Good things come to those who wade.


CHALLENGES ENTERED:
Sketch:    Sketch Saturday
Slide on by:     Art Impressions 
Summer:    Addicted-to-stamps
All about the boys:   Dar and Diane
Piercing:    Come and Get It



5 comments:

ToadilyDiane said...

That's adorable! I love it! Great job!

Jasmina said...

What a fun card Dorothy. Like the colors you chose. The inside print is hilarious. Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It challenge.

Darlene said...

OMG what a cute card design! Going to certainly make someone smile!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘One for the Boys’! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is superb. Love the design. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Kathy Krug said...

So very cute. Love the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. Hope you will join us often.
Kathy
DD DT