Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Belated HB, Leah

Our granddaughter was touring Europe on her birthday, so this card will be late.  I thought this castle from the SU set Provencale would be appropriate, though I am not sure whether or not she did see any castles.  I think this is appropriate for "new" challenges as she has been between seasons with her job - working on the activity staff for American riverboat cruises.  She has not yet heard her new assignment..  I used the ink pad to distress the embossing - folder by Lifestyle Crafts.  I am hoping it looks a bit like stone building blocks.  The edges of the image are also distressed.  The Granddaughter sticker is new, and the post mark sticker is from a set I found buried in one of my boxes!
Sketch:   Your Next Stamp
Distressing:   Fussy and Fancy
New:   Crafty Friends
            My Time to Craft
Add sentiment:   Simon Says Stamp Wednesday 
My word - happy thoughts:  Frilly and Funkie
Any:   Word Art Wednesday 
 

5 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Such a great image!! Love the monochromatic look!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

sarascloset said...

What a fabulous card for your daughter! I love the embossed background! That stamped image sure brings back memories...I'm sure I may still have it! Great Monochromatic scheme, too! Thank you for choosing your words for 2018 and playing along at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs! Sara Emily

Laura ElleBi said...

What a lovely Card!

Thanks for joining Crafty Friends
DT Laura

Lisa Lara said...

A very elegant card Dorothy using the YNS sketch. Just love the textured background. I am so happy you joined Your Next Stamp for this challenge.

Cec said...

A sweet card that your Granddaughter will have happy thoughts of you and her trip to Europe when she sees it. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec