Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Anniversary greeting

A friend bought several of my anniversary cards (and more) - so I have a gap in my stash!  I struggle to make these cards fairly neutral - not too frilly and not too masculine!  I hope this color scheme is not too somber for a happy occasion.  The stamp is an old one by Endless Creations, and I used some cream colored scraps I have had around for a while - the embossing is on a shiny piece.  The dry embossing and die cuts provide texture.  The bird is a Cheery Lynn die.
Sketch:  http://sweetsketchwednesday2.blogspot.com/
Bird:  http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/
Texture: http://creativecornerchallenges.blogspot.de/
Celebrate:  http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.com/search/label/challenge

9 comments:

Heide said...

Very pretty, love the silhouette. Thanks for joining us this week.
Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Sharon Basel said...

Lovely card Dorothy - very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Corina said...

Love your colour choice - elegant! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week. Good Luck and hope to see you again!

crafty said...

I like you choice of colours and the 'unfussyness'. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner

Kathie said...

Lovely Anniversary card Dorothy, it's so elegant and I just adore that added texture with that wonderful embossing. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2-DT

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Such an elegant color scheme and design! The bird is the perfect final touch!!! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Irina Gerschuk said...

Oh, it's absolutely stylish and elegant!! And I just love how the bird fits the flower composition)))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Karen said...

Beautiful colors and design. Your card is so amazing Dorothy. Glad to have you join the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck!

shulsart said...

Beautiful card, Dorothy, I love those colors! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.