Friday, January 18, 2013

Agnes with her hat

Agnes is SO glamorous with her fancy hat!  I decided to paper piece her dress, but had to try more than once to get a pattern that did not place some questionable emphasis on her figure LOL!!!   Does any one recall the expression "it is snowing down south"?  This is a perfect illustration. 
The DP is by Paper Pizazz.  Agnes is an Art Impression beauty.  I added gel pen highlights, and a bit of my lone piece of vellum, as well as rhinestones and button brads.  The sentiment uses words from Words and Crafts - a bit difficult to align correctly.
Sketch:  http://seemsalittlesketchy.blogspot.com/
Funny card:  http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/
Use of vellum:  http://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2013/01/challenge-96-feeling-frosted-use-vellum.html

5 comments:

Margreet said...

Hi Dorothy...thanks for entering your fab card at Willow Sketchie...but as you have posted it on Splitcoaststampers, I am not allowed to comment there.
xxx Margreet

Renee Matarese said...

Oh, I agree...Agnes is so glamorous! She's one of my favorites!! Your card is so cute! I just hope my sisters and I don't turn out as "glamorous" as she is!! I'm the oldest of 3 girls so I'd be the first...lol! Great card!
Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions. See you again soon!
Renee

Tammy Miller said...

What a great Funny Card! thanks so much for playing along and for helping make our Birthday Bash a huge success!

rachel said...

I'm loving Agnes - fabulous image and great use of our sketch - thanks for joining us at SALS this time and good luck xx

Kerry said...

She is totally awesome, love her!!! And her dress... STYLIN'! Great great card, thank so much for joining us at Art Impressions challenge!