Thursday, November 22, 2012

Tasty Grapes

The Sweet Stop sketch challenge has a twist - show a tasty treat.  I have several cake stamps, but in the process of moving things around between the RV and the house, one of my boxes seems to have taken a hike.  However, I find a bunch of grapes a most delectable treat!  I sponged the image with chalk, and should have left well enough alone.  I used a garnet Spica pen to color the grapes - not a good idea.  The Spica ink was a bit too dark, and covered the lines marking the individual grapes.  IRL they do not look too bad, but on the picture it looks more like a blob.  They are nice and sparkly! 
The image is SU Provencal - another favorite set I seldom have occasion to use.  The sentiment is from a set by Recollections.  The DP is by K&Company, and the flower Petaloo.  The pink layer is from the Textile embossing folder (CB).
The Craft Your Passion challenge is to use scraps.  I could pretty well include all of my cards.  Specifically, all layers of the small squares and the sentiment are from my "little scraps" stash. 
Sketch, with the tasty twist:  http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.com/
Use scraps:   http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really pretty, Dorothy. I really hope you will consider sharing more of your lovely work with us at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenges are always Anything Goes, so you are welcome to link any of your art to our challenges, and we would really love to have you play along!!
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Also, I am still hoping that you will come by my blog and become my follower. I am following your blog, and would really like to have you follow mine as well. You can find me here:
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Nathalia O. said...

Such pretty colors on this card. And the grapes look great! I'm sure it's even more lovely in person.

Heather Lynn said...

Oh my..your card is beautiful! I love the colors and layers! Thanks so much for joining us over at Craft Your Passion last week! Hope you will join us this week, too!

Hugs,
HL
NOVEMBER CYP GDT