Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sympathy - Green and Cream

This card is somewhat of a departure from my usual style.  The challenge is for cream and green, using a stamped image and sentiment - so far, not a problem.  However, four layers - I was not sure if a sentiment on another layer would be too many, so I added the sentiment to the image layer.  No mention of ribbon, pearls, etc, so they are also missing.  This is a tailored look I think works well for a sympathy card.  Thanks, Selma, for another lovely inspiration.
The image is SU Ageless Adornment and the sentiment is Paper Inspirations.  CB embossing folder is Victoria.  The mats are a dark green. 
Another departure - we are spending the summer in our RV.  I tried to estimate how many supplies I would use - this is my last ivory CS and I mismeasured the base, so it is 4.25x5.25.  Actually, the result seems more in proportion than I thought it would.
http://www.atjoansgardens.com/

3 comments:

Mrs. Swandog said...

Very pretty! The perfect sympathy card theme, nice and tranquil....

Becky said...

Dorothy, this is so pretty....that image is perfect for a sympathy card. Good to see you blogging and am glad I found your blog....will be following!

Unknown said...

Dorothy, wonderful sympathy card!! Great job, enjoy your stay in your RV, that must be grand! Would love to do that!!
Take care
Hugs
Donna