Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vintage masculine

The JustRite challenge is to do a vintage masculine card.  I am ok with distressed, but I need lots of practice with vintage.  I see so many cards that make use of several stamps, often randomly placed - combining with shading. I am certainly open to suggestions.  The DP is Recollections, and the Beached Boat was in my digi file - the label says Nina Jay.  I inadvertently left many of my JustRite behind for the summer, but I do have this Happy Everything set.  I added portions of one of the Attic Collection stamps (EK Success).
Vintage/Masculine:  http://justritestampers.typepad.com/justrite-inspiration/justrite-friday-challenge/
Sketch:  http://sketchesbycarly.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Sheri said...

This is lovely! The distressed paper is a nice touch! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Marge said...

Nice Masculine card -- I sooo want that Happy Everything set still!!! I think many of us struggle with vintage, and yet for others it just comes naturally. Sigh!

Kelly L said...

Very nice masculine card. I like the twine with this image, and the distressing looks great to. I struggle with masculine cards and a vintage feel as well. So much easier for me to create a lacy/doily look for ladies :) I think you did well with the challenges though, and thanks so much for joining us at SketchesByCarly.Blogspot.com Hugs, Kelly

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Love your boat scene Dorothy! The colors are very masculine and your use of the sketch is great!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches By Carly. Drop by Friday, June 22 for our next great sketch. Have a great day Dorothy!! Gloria