Monday, March 19, 2012

A favorite color (floral)


Today I am combining a tough (for me) challenge and an easy one!
First, the tough one - I have trouble figuring out what to do with rows of stripes like this.  I decided to use a piece of DP (DCWV Garden Party) that I seldom can use, because I do not like to show only a tiny portion of it, and that is often the case with a background paper.  I cut the butterflies from aother paper in the same collection.  I also used the CB embossing folder (Argyle) as an anchor.
Sketch: http://skippingstonesdesign.com/
The easy one - a favorite color.  Today, it is turquoise.  It will probably be different tomorrow!  Furthermore, I do not use a lot of green, but this is a shade I really like! http://doyoustackup.blogspot.com/

The butterflies are QuickKutz, and the gem is from Pizzazz Aplenty.

7 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is absolutely stunning! What a beautiful use of colors and patterns as well as texture. Thanks for playing at Skipping Stones Design!

Ren-Yi said...

Stunning design. I love the embossing and the panels for the floral scene. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Skipping Stones Design! :)

Jingle said...

This is just lovely! Thanks so much for joining us over at SSD!

Pamela said...

This is beautiful!! I love it! :)

Pauline said...

So pretty, thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

wendyp said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge!