Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas 2017 - Isaiah 9:6

Hubby and I send cards celebrating the birth of Christ.  I just found this image on Pinterest - It came from this blog.  I think I will use it several times.  I already have about 3 dozen cards made but I need more, and will donate some to  our church Quilter's group who are having a craft sale this week.  The stars embossing folder is by Cuttlebug; the tree punch is from the Paper Studio and the ribbon is Offray.  I used bits of gold sequins to trim the little trees.  This verse evokes for me a portion of Handel's Messiah - included in my list of favorite Christmas music.
Sketch (part of a month of Christmas challenges):   Beccy's Place
Christmas carol:  Allsorts 
Red and Green:   Christmas Blog Challenge
Large sentiment:   Pile it On
Christmas:    Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge
                       Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge2
Any:    Word Art Wednesday
            Corrosive Challenges

6 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful! Love how you used different colors on the tree!
Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!

Beccy said...

You did a wonderful job interpreting the sketch Dorothy, I love the placement of the little trees. The patterned papers work perfectly together and coordinate nicely with the wonderful image. Love the star embossing in the background too.
Cheers,
Beccy

brenda said...

A really pretty Christmas creation, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Kath said...

A lovely card - thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts x

Warrell Creations said...

Beautiful job! Marciava~Pile It On! Challenge Blog Design Team