Friday, December 14, 2012

Tag - Gift card holder

This is dual purpose - a tag and gift card holder - the ribbon means in can hang on the tree also.  Is anyone else like me - pressed for time?  So, I admit, I took a fairly easy way out.  The challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is to use a Tim Holtz tag for inspiration.  They are gorgeous, but right now is not the time for me to try one of his techniques.  I chose this tag:  http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-christmastag-9/  Then I found some double sided DP (Costco) that I thought resembled the tag.  My "sentiment" is our grandson's name, and I used a QuicKutz folder to emboss a tree (well, it is actually debossed!!).  I left the gift card in the holder, so this is designed to hold that size.  Letters are cut with the CB Olivia dies.
Directions:  I cut the cs 12x5.5.  I folded it across, leaving the top layer about 6 inches.  That way, the back is a little shorter than the front.  I made a fold of about 1/3 inch along the entire side.  I trimmed that portion off the back, and adhered this strip along the back.  Easy peasy! 

Tag:  http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/
Gift card holder:   http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your Tag gift card holder with the DT from SSSandS, lovely colours and fabby background, thanks for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

Tameko said...

Very nice rustic gift tag. Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays!