Sunday, December 16, 2012

Merry Christmas, every one - my favorite holiday.

I should soon be finished with Christmas cards for 2012!  This stamp is Kolette Hall - I think from the $ bin at Michael's.  The dp is from Paper Studio's Faith pad, and I used a favorite tool - the Cuttlebug embossing folder (snowflakes).  More favorites are the nesties and the Spica pen (gold).
 But the favorite I wish to highlight is the celebration of Christmas, and the message on this card.  This year we are looking forward to celebrating the birth of the Savior, but with heavy hearts, as we try to understand the tragedy in Connecticut.  We keep all those families in our prayers.
Sketch:  http://www.sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.com/
Christmas:  http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/
Favorites:  http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

mulberry station said...

Dorothy, I love the simplicity of your card. The sentiment says it all. Thanks for sharing this beautiful Christmas card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

I love your card! The sentiment is so perfect! We definitely are on the same wave length. I just finished the post for Wednesday...so you will understand what I mean then. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!
Merry Christmas!
Judi SSW DT

Linda Anderson said...

Beautiful card Dorothy!! Gorgeous sentiment and I love your papers too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Pam said...

Lovely card and such a beautiful design and sentiment. The papers are really special and the snowflake background adds a lot to the card.

Thank you so very much for playing with us in Christmas Time Challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! So happy that you could join us this week.
:) Pam


Heather North said...

Very nice, traditional Christmas card. I need to get my hands on that faith paper.

Heide said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card. Love the image on the BG paper and your rich colors. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Kathie said...

Hi Dorothy, this is a lovely card I love the colour and the simplicity of your card. Embossing always looks great giving that wonderful texture to a card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Sally Dube said...

Awesome card Dorothy!! Beautiful colors and I love the stamp!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally SSW-DT

Danielle C said...

Fab card! Love the embossing and simple design. Thanks for joining the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck!
Danielle:)

Lisa Carroll said...

Such a pretty card! It's so elegant.. and I love the embossed background! :) Thanks for joining us in the "What's Your Favorite?" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xx

Sharon Basel said...

Wonderful card Dorothy! The embossing adds such wonderful texture and interest and I love that you used a sentiment stamp as the focal point. Nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at SSW!
Sharon

Lynn McAuley said...

Green is my favorite color! I love this wonderful Christmas design!