Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas #19

I actually have more than 19 cards, but this is a way to change titles here LOL!  I tried  for a vintage look with the sepia/brown image and slightly distressed edges.  I also have vintage lace - purchased at an estate sale, and I am sure it must be over 50 years old (come to think of it, I am a lot older....!!!).  The snowflakes are embossed on shimmery cs, and that reminds me of the ceilings in some old buildings.  I added shimmer to the star with my new gold Spica pen.  Otherwise, everything here is at least 6 months old and some much older - the sentiment says SU 1995, though I have owned it for just a few years.
Sketch & vintage:  http://willowsketchiechallenge.blogspot.com/
Snow:  http://oldiebutagoodiechallenge.blogspot.com/
Light (star):  http://twistoffaithcards.blogspot.com.au/

6 comments:

Janice said...

What a lovely card - a great image and I love your card design. Thanks for joining us at an OBAG this time Dorothy, Jx

Anne-Marie said...

Oh wow!!! What a lovely card and thank you very much for playing along with me Sketch.

Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.

Anne-Marie x x

Laine Kammeraad said...

Hi Dorothy - your card is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining us at Twist of Faith this week. We hope you will join again with our next challenge which begins tomorrow. Love your blog and am now a new follower.

Hugs and smiles

Laine
DT - Twist of Faith

Pauline said...

The entrance to Bethlehem is always a touching scene. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Twist of Faith Cards, Dorothy!

Sonia said...

Beautiful creation. Great JOB!~
Thanks for joining us at WSC. Good Luck!
-Sony WSC-DT

Nathalia O. said...

Way to use your stash! I like the "sepia" tones you selected for this card.