Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Riley for Justin



Today I want to send a card to Justin, who will be celebrating his 9th birthday on April 16 - just 2 days before my birthday.  Here is an edited version - I do not know him or his family, but heard from an acquaintance:

His family received really bad news today in that his cancer is not responding to the treatment he has been undergoing at Sloan's Kettering in New York.  They were sent home today without completing treatment.  At this time there is total uncertainty as to future treatment if there is anything is available.  
 Justin will be 9 years old on 4-16-12.  This is a synopsis of Justin's battle with cancer:
 Justin was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma on 9-16-06.  After surgery and an intense treatment regimine Justin was cancer free for 15 months before relapsing in his brain in May 2008...Justin relapsed again on 11-10-10 with an isolated spot in 1 rib.  Again following surgery, treatment was initiated.  ...Justin ended up relapsing again in October, 2011 with 2 spots in his legs.  Since treatment was begun last month additional spots have been discovered, one in the hip and another on the spine.
 
As of today 3-29-12, Justin is returning home from treatment in NY as the cancer is progressing.

I do not feel comfortable posting an address of some one I do not know.  I am sure your prayers will be welcome, and if you are inclined, you can e-mail me for the address. Please put Justin or something like that as a subject.
(We had our e-mail account hacked into last summer so I am a bit cautious with that as well!)
edschultz11 (at) gmail (dot) com

Sorry about the long post - I will not do that often!

I have had this colored image sitting around a long time - one of the first I did with Prismas and that shows!
It is Riley, and should work for a 9 year old boy.  I added some metallic silver hightlights.
I used Cuttlebug numbers and greeting, and a ribbon tag.  I also had this scrap of bg paper I thought was fun for the bike, and had to extend it with some border cs.  The image is with Nesies.

Using wheels: http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/
 Sketch:  http://sundaysketchandstamp.blogspot.com/
Use a number: http://pixieduststudiopixiechallenge.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Sam said...

Heart breaking story :(
A lovely card though, perfect for a boy :)
Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp x

carol said...

super card, thanks for sharing with CRAFT x carol