Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rainbow Heart for a sister


I had several things in mind when I planned this card - I hope that I have had at least moderate success.  First of all, I am trying to increase my inventory of cards to sell at our RV park craft sales.  The past couple of years I have barely been able to keep up, and I would like to have a few more unusual cards available for requests I often get.  This is for a sister - I hope the color choices are not too somber.
The heart stamp has a label of Westminster Enterprises, and the sentiment is computer generated.  I used a variety of grey cs.  The darkest bg comes from a pack of shiny cs.  The main bg is dry embossed with the CB You folder.  I used Nesties circles and eyelet circles, and a Martha Stewart punch around the page punch.  The half pearls are from Pizzazz Aplenty.
This is the only rainbow I could think of, for this challenge:  http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-04-17T00:01:00-04:00&max-results=3
The shades of grey:  http://crafts4eternity.blogspot.com/
The sketch:  http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/stella-says-sketch-challenge-108.html
I created my own paper lace and added tiny half pearls:  http://chocolatecoffeecards.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

having a {me} day said...

Gorgeous card! Love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at C4e. keeley

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

pinky said...

Love all the embossing, great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

Designing with Debbie said...

Pretty CAS card. I love the little touch of rainbow, it is not too overpowering. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. I have signed up to be a follower of your blog I would love if you followed me as well djchrist71.blogspot.com

Pat said...

Great embossed background. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Cheryl First said...

WOnderful! I love the colors, and what a pretty lacy border!
Thanks for joining us at Stella Says Sketch Challenge this week!
((HUGS))
Cheryl First
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps