Saturday, February 20, 2016

Stitched doggie


I don't sew, but I added some faux stitching to this image (sorry - I did not record the source).  I used the stitches to highlight the patchwork.  If you-  are looking at the sketch - I do have a panel under the oval image.  I used a piece that I have been saving for a long time.  It is beige, and looks a little like the mesh bags used for produce - maybe you can see the little knots.  These items add interest and texture without hiding the DP pattern - and do not make it look too busy.  The strip is Washi tape - as usual, I mounted it on cs - burgundy, this time.  The image is precolored - the blue is inspired by the Classy Cards inspiration.  I fussy cut the ears before using the oval die, and added a stack of punched bones.
Challenges:       
Sketch:     Tuesday Morning Sketches
Color, pattern and stitches:   Classy Cards n Such
Recycle (mesh bag):                Simon Says Stamp - Monday   
Kids:         Die Cuttin Divas 
Cute:         Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Any:          Addicted to Stamps

6 comments:

CA Scrapper said...

That is so adorable! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Debbie said...

This is soooo cute! I love your stitched doggie!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

wannabcre8tive said...

Awww, how cute, I love that little pup. It makes me smile. Thank you, for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Dorothy this is such a cute card!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp! Monday Challange!
Hugs, Zoey

Neets B said...

Super patchwork pup and I love the detail you added to the stitching.
Thanks so much for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Julie B said...

How swet id that patchwork pup.
Thanks for sharing him at ATSM. :)