Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Practicing CAS


I still struggle with CAS cards, and will readily admit that this is an attempt for me to improve in that style.  I wanted to see if I could use my Cuttlebug embossing frame and I think it works.  My computer skills (especially relating to graphics) are also lacking - I have not been able to figure out if I have a program that will allow me to reposition the digital image.  I printed this in a 4x6 layout and it is satisfactory.   I edged the layer with ColorBox Marigold ink.  The image itself is colored with chalk pencils and glittery metallic markers.  For the larger leaves I colored first with a regular green marker, and over colored with the glittery marker - this looks nice and sparkly IRL.
CHALLENGES:
A Day for Daisies image; use wood:    A Day for Daisies
One layer wonder:                                Clean and Simple on Sunday
No DP:                                                    Crafty Catz  
CASing Anita:                                       Stamplorations     
Inspiration colors, shape):                    Pinspirationa Cchallenges
Nature's Wonders:                                 Craftin Desert Divas
 CAS:                                                       Hiding in my Craftroom

9 comments:

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Dorothy ... great texture and such sweet images! Thanks so much for CASEing my card and playing along with us at CASEplorations! Anita :)

Tanja said...

such a pretty card - thanks for sharing your creation at A Day for Daisies

Cathy P said...

So cute, Dorothy. Love the image and your embossing. Thanks for joining our challenge at ADFD! Cathy

Jen Leeflang said...

Oh my, what a sweet card! Thanks for joining the challenge over at A Day for Daisies (Add a Touch of Wood). Please join us again soon.
love
Jen Leeflang
A DAY FOR DAISIES DT Member

Clickersister said...

Very nice texture and color! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

handcrafthobby said...

Such a beautifuly coloring and nature scene. Love it.
Thank you for joing us at Craftin Desert Divas' Linky Party.
Have a Wonderful Day!
DT Jan

LauraEva said...

Such a pretty card! Thank you for joining us over on the HIMCR blog--sorry for the delay!

maria f. said...

Such a pretty Spring-y card. Thanks for joining in at CASEplorations. BTW, I use a free photo editing SW called Photoscape.

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Dorothy. I love the embossing and scene. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma