Monday, November 10, 2014

For Jayden - MMTPT327

This card is for two challenges at SplitCoastStampers - I used to be a regular but have been MIA for a while.  I want to go back to honor some past queens, and try to do better to keep up with Teapot Tuesdays.
I want to go back to honor some past queens, and try to do better to keep up with Teapot Tuesdays.
At any rate, this is to honor Queen TrishG. Trish was the long time moderator of the Queen for the day challenge, and recently stepped down from that post. Thank you, Trish, for all the time and effort you contributed.  This is the card I selected from her great gallery:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=132695
I liked that splash of color - then, did not attempt the same look! I still have a vehicle, and some woodgrain - not much else.
The TeaPot destination for last week is Jayden, age 6. His mother was seriously injured, and little sister was killed in an accident - troubling issues for a 6 year old. Read more information from SCSer Louse DuMont: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...800564-post430.
The truck image was a gift from a WishRAK member at SplitCoastStampers.  I used the alphabet stamps I have had for years.  I have not used them much lately, and do not recall what they are called - they are the kind that hook together (like Legos) - work well for an informal look.  The buttons are from a die, and I also used a tiny flower punch.

4 comments:

Kathie said...

Dorothy this is a perfect little masculine card, what a great image and wonderful colours, love that design paper and added embossing giving your card that added texture. Great embellishments for the perfect finishing touch to your card. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Heide said...

Really cute, little guy card, love the fun colors. I am sure it will bring a smile to the receivers face. Thanks for joining us this week.
Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Soooooo cute Dorothy! I love, love, love your bike paper. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Linda

Joanna M. said...

This is darling! Love those papers. Thanks for sharing this with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 this week.
~jo, SSW2-DT