Thursday, November 13, 2014

Symbols of Christmas

I absolutely was not going to get more Christmas stamps - after all, I can so easily use what I have.  Well, our neighbor  had a whole box of stamps at her yard sale, and I found 2 or 3 Christmas sentiments I could use - at $1 for all I could not afford to pass them up.  Then I went to Michael's for a couple of things, and my dear hubby saw a Christmas stamp - and pretty much forced me to buy it LOL!  It is by Stampendous, and is definitely symbolic of Christmas, with the star Bethlehem, and the wise men.  I used a gold gift bag to do the mat and the Cheery Lynn pine branches.  The bg is from the Faith stack by Paper Studio.  A strip of metallic gold ribbon completes the layout.
Sketch (rotated):  http://feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com.au / 
Symbols of Christmas: http://beccysplace.blogspot.com/
Any: http://jellyparkchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
Christmas :   http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/chnc-challenge-extra-for-november-2014.html
Holiday:  http://www.ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Shining%20the%20Light%20Challenge

9 comments:

Beccy said...

You absolutely couldn't pass up a deal like that Dorothy, and what a sweet hubby you have! He has great taste in stamps, the one he chose is beautiful and looks very versatile. I love the background paper too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I love the stamp

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Dorothy, what a beautiful card, and good for your dear hubby for urging you to buy this wonderful stamp! Yes, it's definitely symbolic of Christmas, and I love it! So glad you've joined us once again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge, sweet friend! Warm hugs!

DebiJ said...

Classic & beautiful Dorothy - what a special Christmas card this is. Your stamp is fabulous!
Thank you for once again joining us at Feeling Sketchy.
Debi - FS Sketch Designer.

Unknown said...

What a great find that stamp was! Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy :-)

Linda Carson said...

Your husband is a keeper Dorothy! I'd rather have a root canal than take my husband to Michael's! He has great taste too! Love the image and your creative recycling of a gift bag! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

Unknown said...

This is BEAUTIFUL ~ Thanks for joining Michelle FS DT

Granmargaret said...

forgot to add. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy.

Rocky said...

Gorgeous backing paper and it goes beautifully with your forced purchase! Thank you for joining us at CHNC Extra.