Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Imagine That Digistamp New Release

Imagine That Digistamp new release - Manatee Reading with Bow



As soon as I saw this Imagine that Digistamp new release featuring manatees I knew I wanted to make something for our granddaughter.  Each of the sets includes positive, encouraging sentiments for young people.  Our granddaughter is an elementary teacher.  She encourages reading, and has a good collection of books so she can read to the students.  Many of them do not receive enough encouragement at home.  I made a set of 6x9 posters - I hope she will be able to place them on her bulletin board.  Her birthday is this week, so this was a little bonus gift.  
Recipe:  image and sentiments - Imaginethatdigistamp; Washi tape; watercolor paper, dark teal cs.
I used a watercolor wash for the background.  I used a paintbrush to brush on the watered down color, then spattered another color to create the lighter blobs.  I hope you can tell I meant for this to remind us of a watery, wavy background for the manatee.  The manatee is colored with Prismas and cut with scissors.
CHALLENGES:  
Blues, greens:    Country View 
Wave:     Inkspirational
Kidz Rule:   Love to Scrap 
Back to School:    Cute as a Button
                               Hiding in my Craftroom
                               Angies Digital Stamp
Any:                       Not Just Cards
                                Morgans Art World

No comments: