Thursday, August 4, 2016

SCS Dare to Get Dirty - Christmas for Stamping Queen JAR

The week long Dare to Get Dirty challenge at SplitCoastStampers continues.  If you are a member of the Fan Club (fee required) you may participate for fun and prizes.  The deadline is Aug. 8.  I created this Christmas card for Stamping Queen JAR's challenge.
Since I am addicted to embossing folders (try to find a week when I did not use several LOL!) I found a new technique to try.  There is a tutorial here:  foil embossing.  I covered the piece of cs with kitchen foil - cut a bit larger and tape the excess on the back.  You can ink up the folder, but I wanted the shiny result so I left it plain.  What great embossing!  Every year I  plan to look for a star folder, but, here I am, using snowflakes again!  If you know of a full page star folder, please let me know.   I added a bit of blue ribbon, some Cheery Lynn pine branches, and a star brad that I glittered up.
Sketch:    Mojo Monday
Glitter:    Allsorts
                Sparkle n Sprinkle
Christmas:   Sweet Stampin 
                      Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge
Any:   Jo's Scrapshack

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 292 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such an elegant Christmas card. The foil embossing looks fabulous, it really sets off your stamped sentiment.

Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Mummylade said...

So elegant! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

Sammy said...

This is a fab card. Love the embossing! Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card :) Cool way to take n the sketch too :) So glad I wasn't the only one doing Christmas cards and with the same sketch :)Thanks for playing along with us over at Jo's Scrap Shack-Funday Friday Challenges
Tina (DT)

Jessica K said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love all the texture! Thank you for joining us this month at SparkleNSprinkle Creative Challenge! :)

Jess - DT