Google+ Followers

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Tea Pot Party for Carol

I need advice before I put this in the mail.  Many of you have seen my previous entries in the TeaPot Tuesday challenges.  This week we will be sending cards to Carol  (Teapot-Tuesdays.).  She lost her husband to cancer, and now she is facing a recurrence of breast cancer.  She has really enjoyed square dancing.  I thought of this image, but am not sure it is appropriate.  I do not know Carol at all, so I don't know how she might react to this humorous depiction of a square dancer.  What do you think?
Because she has lost her husband, I used only half of this Art Impressions square dancing couple.
I fussy cut this image.  The chevron strips are Washi tape, and the flower like bits are parts of a Fiskars punch.  The blue strip is ribbon, and I used a Spellbinder oval die for backing.  I added a bit of chalk to edge the tape strips, and distressed the edges.  I think even the image adds to the vintage feel!
Sketch:   Sketch Saturday
Vintage:  Allsorts Challenge
Dies/Punch:  Crafty Catz
Laughing with you:   Art Impressions
Color (dk and lt blue; yellow. green):  Your Next Stamp

5 comments:

  1. Dorothy, your card is a riot! I adore the square dancers stamp - and I think it plays up the fun aspect of square dancing attire! I'm sure Carol will get a chuckle out of it - thanks for joining us at Art Impressions :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at YNS.. This is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Art Impressions images and this one is a riot. I gotta say that I think it would be good to have something fun to laugh at. Sometimes when you have serious stuff on your mind, it's a relief to find humor. When my sister had her bout with cancer, ALL the cards I sent to her were funny. Great card Dorothy; thanks for sharing it with us over on Sketch Saturday.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete