Friday, April 8, 2016

Black and White with red

This silhouette is one of my favorite images from Beccy's Place.  I like the image, and I also really like black and white!  I thought the tiny red  punches at the corner echoed the main items on the image - not sure if they are flowers or seed pods, or...  (Gardening is not my forte!).  I added glitter to the tiny butterfly as well as the flowers of the image.
Sketch:                                 VLV Sketches - 1
Black, white, bit of color:   Craftin Desert Divas
Glitter:                                 Sparkle n Sprinkle
Any:                                      Beccys Place

4 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love the pop of red with the black and white. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge. And since the Silhouette stamp set is also sold at SNS, your card will be showcased on the Sparkle N Sprinkle Facebook page. Congrats on being a SNS Featured Artist this month.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I love the hint of glitter! Such a classy card. Thanks for joining us at Viva la Verve!

Beccy said...

Your card is gorgeous Dorothy, I love the black, white and red colour scheme you used... always a great combination. I think the little red flowers / seed pods look wonderful in the corner and I agree that they work well with the image. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Mayras Designs said...

This is such a beautiful card ! I Love this color combination ! Thank you so much for having joined us at Craftin' Desert Divas !
Hugs&Blessings,
Mayra DTM