Friday, May 31, 2013
Floral and acetate
I hope you can see the results of my experiment - to meet challenges using an unusual item/recycling (acetate). I used the same leafy embossing folder on the acetate - the result was a milky look on the embossed leaves. I then placed it over the green layer in the same spot - except I should have had a larger piece as much of it is covered with the image. The acetate was from some packaging, and there were lots of bumps and curves so the flat section was a bit small. This is something I will do again - maybe with flower dies next time. I used a bit of the CB birthday folder, and a Hampton Arts stamp, colored with chalk pencils. I finally got to use the picket fence die I bought from Joan's Gardens.
Sketch, with lace: http://sketchandstashchallenge.blogspot.com/
Outdoor fun - take a walk!: http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.com/
The woods: http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/
Leafy bg; white, green, purple; purple flowers; sentiment; item from her store: http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/05/this-weeks-challenge_30.html
Acetate packaging - not usually used for cards: http://inkyimpressionschallenges.blogspot.com/