Thursday, March 14, 2013

Reverse Print, for Jean

This is one of the most difficult cards I have made, and the note inside was equally hard to do.  A friend (we are in contact less as we have moved) has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor, and he is in hospice care.  Unfortunately I procrastinated about sending a card several days ago.  It will take a couple of days for the card to arrive, so I am not sure what the situation will be then.  At least we can let them know we are praying for them.  I have had far too many cards of this type to send in recent weeks.
The image is SU Reverse Prints (I trimmed the attached quote as it was not quite suitable), in Not Quite Navy.  The DP and cs as well as sentiment - Recollections.  The trim is a bit of lace and scallops.
Sketch:  http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com/
Any:  http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/
Flowers (image, dp):  http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Very pretty card. I'm sure it will be a comfort to them to know that you are praying for them. Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

Niki Rowland said...

Beautiful card, I love the background and it is perfect for what you are sending it for. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

Helen said...

Beautiful and very elegant - perfect for what you wanted.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x

dawnmercedes said...

I used to have this set...and now I can't remember if I sold it/gave it away/or stored it in some dark corner! haha...