Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shabby Birthday Card

I have seen so many vintage cards that I admire so much.  This started out to be vintage, but I think the result is more shabby chic.  If you have any special techniques for vintage cards, feel free to include a link.  This clock is from a set called Nostalgique, by EK Success - a set I have had a long time but rarely use.  The sentiment is Whiff of Joy.  I have no books I want to cut up, so I used a book review pamphlet.  The Argyle embossing is on DCWV metallic cs, and the die cuts are Nesties and Lavalier Circle from Memory Box.  I am not sure what to call the small strip - it is from a box of scraps I acquired at a store closing.  It is almost like a thin hand made paper with embedded bits of fiber, and provided a perfect embellishment for this card.
The sketch:  http://chocolatecoffeecards.blogspot.com/
Neutrals, with twine and a sentiment, inspired by a photo:  http://www.theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

The perfect layout for these pretty textures and die cuts!! A wonderful card, Dorothy!

Nathalia O. said...

I love the die cut circle-thingy you chose. I don't have the heart to rip apart books, so it's very cleaver that you used a pamphlet instead. It gives you the same look, and no books were harmed in the making of your card!

Nelle said...

Lovely card!

Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Card Challenge.

Hugs, Nelle

Ann said...

Pretty card. I have always wanted to learn French. I think it is a beautiful language. I have blog candy if your interested, details here, http://theantiquewardrobe.blogspot.com/2012/11/christmas-blog-candy.html